Friday, March 23, 2012

Fresh Air

BREATH!  It is Spring! The daffodils are out and the promise of tulips are on the way. I can't say that I am all together the person I want to be. I want to shake off the winter blues and welcome Spring with open arms. 


Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17 


My focus has been so inward.  I haven't accomplished the objectives of my goals. This is the year. Well, in fact in less than 2 months i will be 50 years old. A half a century, half way to 100. Over the hill!  I am not embracing the upcoming FRESH Start on the next 50 years, because I haven't been able to conquer my troubles and weaknesses. I spiral into depression so easily. So I have some questions. 


NEW?  Fresh? Spring? I can intellectualize the need for change which leads to drafted plans with objectives in mind. Some days I can chip away at them and other days I hide.  I want to hide from everyone.  Yet, I am a people person. Am I? I really am, when I allow myself to be vulnerable and reach out.  


Fresh AIR!  Breath! Spring!  New opportunities to never give UP.  Embrace the hope that continually rises in my heart. Okay, 


Let's be real.
I need to surrender completely to God, without holding back or hiding.
I need to give myself completely to my relationships, without holding back or hiding. 

I need to lose more than 100 lbs to be healthy and live life to its fullest.
I need to find a full time job or another part time job. 
I need to foster my talent of painting and creativity. 
I need to be more responsible and grow UP!



Grow up strong like the faithful flowers blooming all around me over the next days and months leading to SUMMER!  My favorite Season.  Okay, embrace the Goals, the 50th Birthday, Release the Past, Forgive others and yourself,


BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED!  Cliche, but it could launch the whole Spring idea knowing that in Christ, all things do become NEW!  His mercies are new every morning and any time of day and season for that matter. Thank You Jesus for being faithful, even when I fall short in my life. BREATH the Fresh Spring Air! 









No comments:

Post a Comment